Explanation of 8 major terms of beneficiation equipment
Beneficiation is a proprietary science, a technical science of separating, enriching, and comprehensively utilizing mineral resources. The concepts and terms involved mainly include: the definition of minerals and ore, the properties of several minerals directly related to beneficiation, etc. In the following general terms, the properties of minerals directly related to beneficiation mainly include specific gravity (or density), electrical conductivity, Magnetism, wettability, etc.
Analysis of 8 major terms in beneficiation
1. Beneficiation: Beneficiation is the use of various mineral processing equipment to separate useful minerals and gangue minerals from the ore by using the differences in the physical or physical and chemical properties of minerals to achieve the relative enrichment of useful minerals. To understand beneficiation, you must first understand some basic introductions of beneficiation.
2. Minerals: Minerals are natural elements (such as gold, graphite, sulfur) and natural compounds (such as magnetite, chalcopyrite, and quartz) generated in the earth’s crust due to natural physical and chemical or biological effects, and their composition More uniform. In nature, except for a few minerals that are liquid (mercury), most of them are solid. Solid minerals have certain crystal structure and physical and chemical properties. For example, magnetite is black with octahedral crystals and a specific gravity of 4.6-5.2. The strong magnetic chemical composition is Fe3O4 and so on. So as to provide a basis for the selection and utilization of these minerals.
3. Specific gravity: It is the weight ratio of the mineral weight to the same volume of water at 4 degrees.
4. Electrical conductivity: refers to the electrical conductivity of minerals. Generally there are good conductors, semiconductors and non-conductors. It is the basis for electrical selection.
5. Magnetism: its property of being attracted or repelled by magnets. General minerals can be divided into strong magnetic iron ore (magnetite, etc.), weak magnetic iron ore (hematite, etc.) and non-sexual iron ore (diamond, hematite, etc.). The magnetism of minerals is the basis for magnetic separation. The magnetic separator is the equipment that beneficiates ore mainly based on magnetism.
6. Wettability: the property of minerals that can be wetted by water. Minerals that are easily wetted by water are called hydrophilic minerals (quartz, calcite). On the contrary, the natural wettability of minerals called hydrophobic minerals (molybdenite, graphite) mainly depends on the crystal structure of the mineral. Minerals with different wettability have different floatability. Therefore, it is the basis of flotation.
7. Ore: Minerals are unevenly distributed in the earth’s crust, but under the influence of geology, relatively enriched mineral aggregates can be formed. Under modern economic and technological conditions, mineral aggregates that can be mined, processed, and utilized are called ore. Otherwise it is called a rock. The ore is composed of useful minerals and gangue minerals. The minerals that can be used by the national economy, that is, the target minerals to be selected for beneficiation, are called useful minerals; the minerals that cannot be used by the national economy are called gangue minerals.
8. Mineral deposits: The mineral deposits in the earth’s crust that are valuable for mining are called mineral deposits. The concept and division of ores and rocks need to be considered comprehensively in terms of technology and economy. With the development of national economy and technology, more rocks can be upgraded to ore.
Phone: +86 17719851781
whatsapp: +86 17719851781